This is a gluten free, dairy free, egg free meatball recipe!
The chipotle honey adds a delightfully, sweet kick to these savory meatballs. The honey can be added to the hot meatballs immediately after cooking and then tossed to coat or it can be served as a dipping sauce on the side, you decide!
Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- 1½ lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup Sun River Honey chipotle honey
- Combine the beef, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
- Form the mixture into approximately 60, 1” diameter meatballs
- Place the meatballs evenly on a baking tray. (For easy cleanup, cover your tray with parchment paper prior to placing the meatballs on the tray.)
- Bake on the center rack of your preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes until done (cooking time will vary depending on the size of your meatballs).
- If desired, loosen the meatballs mid way through cooking and turn to allow the meatballs to brown on more than one side.
- Once cooked, place the hot meatballs in a serving dish and drizzle the chipotle honey over the hot meatballs.
- Toss the meatballs before serving to coat the meatballs in the chipotle honey or simply serve the meatballs with the chipotle honey as a dipping sauce on the side.