Looking to brighten up the flavour of your standard baked acorn squash? Try adding a tsp of Turmeric Ginger Honey to the quartered squash just prior to serving. Turmeric Ginger Honey adds a whole new burst of flavour to an otherwise sometimes ho hum side dish.
Turmeric Ginger Honey Glazed Acorn Squash
Serves 2 – 4 people depending on serving size
Prep time: less than 5 minutes
1 Small acorn squash
2 tsp Sun River Honey’s Turmeric/Ginger Honey
- Cut the acorn squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place the squash open side down on a microwavable plate. Cover with wax paper and microwave the squash for 10 minutes until the squash is fork tender.(Times may vary depending on the microwave used.)
- Remove from microwave and turn over and cut into quarters.
- Pierce the flesh of the squash repeatedly with a fork
- When plated and while still hot spread 1 tsp of Sun River Honey’s Turmeric Ginger Honey into the hollow of each acorn squash quarter, allowing the honey to melt into the piercings you have made in the squash.
- Serve immediately.