This recipe is a favorite of the grandkids! The bright yellow colour from the turmeric is reminiscent of a corn bread but it is made without any corn. The flavour is out of this world. The muffins have just enough sweet with a hint of the exotic to make this a go to recipe the whole family will enjoy again and again.
Turmeric/Ginger Honey Muffins:
Makes 12 large muffins.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Preheat oven to 375-degree F
2 cups all purpose white flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk
¼ cup melted butter
½ cup Turmeric Ginger infused Sun River Honey
- For easy clean up, line twelve muffin cups with large or jumbo size paper muffin cups
- Measure and blend together the first three dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Gently melt the butter in a microwave at 20 second increments until melted 40- 60 sec total.
- Lightly grease the inside of your ½ cup measuring cup with oil or butter, prior to filling with honey,(this prevents the honey from sticking to the inside of your measuring cup)
- Measure ½ cup of Turmeric Ginger infused Sun River Honey into your ½ cup measuring cup then add to the melted butter stirring the mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Lightly beat the egg and the milk together with a fork.
- Add the milk, egg and the honey butter mixture to the dry ingredients stirring until just nicely blended.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ full and bake on the center rack of a 375-degree F oven for 18 -20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before storing or freezing.
These muffins are delicious served on their own or with some light margarine or butter. For an added flavour burst try a teaspoon of Turmeric Ginger infused Sun River Honey spread on top of your fresh Turmeric Ginger Honey Muffin as a topping or glaze. The flavor is out of this world!